Start a new topic

Ethernet communication with the Reference Design Software

Dear 4DSP,

I've got the write operation table as we've discussed at http://www.4dsp.nl/forum/index.php/topic,2897.0.html

[font=Verdana][size=78%]I studied the vc707_fmc30rf.xise and the brd_packet_engine.vhd says it manages all of the ethernet communication with the reference design software. But I found it rather confused to understand how the packets are dealt with in reference firmware. Is there any possible reference about the signal path or some other detailed [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]explanation? There is few annotate in the vhd file and it's not easy for a beginner like me to understand the process.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The next goal is to write the write operation table to the chip so I have to figure out how the ethernet communication works in reference firmware.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks![/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Best Regards,[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ricky[/font]

This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.
Dear Ricky,

Two sources of information would be the SD (Star Description) for the mac engine which has description of the interfaces and simulation. The simulation reads a .sip file and translate that to command bus transactions.

Best Regards,
Arnaud